I am a class teacher for Year Four and five students and a team leader for the middle school. My class and I are a part of the Manaiakalani Google ClassOnAir.


Thursday 25 February 2016

Supporting students with their English language learning

Today our school had ESOL verification and I being an ESOL coordinator was under a lot of pressure as we have this new way of completing the matrices for all four strands in English. I am so delighted to see that the efforts of our team have brought in excellent results for us.
The whole process though very tedious has brought a lot of learning with it.
Having gone through the process has definitely made us analyse student work more deeply. One very good thing about the ELLP folders is that we can use these to inform our teaching on a daily basis  because we have all the WALTs ready for us and it is extremely easy for us to look at the next learning steps and plan for them. So from now on I would frequently visit the ELLP folder to inform my teaching of English language.

Click here to view ELLP Modules

No comments:

Post a Comment