I am a class teacher for Year Four and five students and a team leader for the middle school. My class and I are a part of the Manaiakalani Google ClassOnAir.


Sunday 28 October 2018

My Reflections on my Inquiry - Phase 3 - Collaborative sense making


As I was investigating into the learning of my students I wondered what my students were thinking about me and what do I think about my teaching and practice? Do the two align? Am I at the same page as that of my students?

For this I needed to collect some student voice to make sure that my students felt comfortable and all the efforts that I had put in building the class climate was benefiting them.

Survey done on the the 10th of May shows that 'Teaching and Learning communications' in class had improved and that students felt more comfortable asking questions than at the beginning of the year.




HOWEVER...

When I looked at the survey deeply, I found that I needed to change my delivery a bit more.
The question asked in the Survey were-

  • Mrs. S tells students exactly how to do better.
  • Mrs. S knows when students don't understand and slows down.
  • It is easy to ask Mrs. S for help.
  • Mrs. S makes things easier to understand.
  • Mrs. S asks students for help on how to improve her teaching.
  • Mrs. S answers questions very well.
The survey showed that my students

  • Wanted me to slow down as they sometimes missed on information.
  • They found it hard to ask me questions about their learning.




So these became my teaching goals because I was a very important factor in developing the classroom culture of my class.

Here is a link to my post on how I had worked to change my class culture.
Survey was done after three weeks. The survey showed that there was work that still needed to be done.



No comments:

Post a Comment