I am a class teacher for Year Four and five students and a team leader for the middle school. My class and I are a part of the Manaiakalani Google ClassOnAir.


Thursday 13 November 2014

Meditation- Mind in a Jar Experiment

Meditation is an age old technique to reduce stress levels. Those who make meditation a part of their daily lives know how beneficial it is to physical, emotional, and mental health as well as spiritual connection.Meditation is an ancient Hindu tradition. I have used meditation with my students everyday this year. After lunch, students sometimes have a stressful experience which worries them even after coming to the class. Meditation provides them to contemplate on their actions and clears their mind of any thought that is causing tension. I have noticed that by practicing meditation everyday, students become more focus on their task and pay more attention to instructions. I was inspired by this you tube video. Click here to view it.



 
meditation 1 from Tamaki Primary on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment