I am a class teacher for Year Four and five students and a team leader for the middle school. My class and I are a part of the Manaiakalani Google ClassOnAir.


Wednesday 6 June 2018

T3 WK 5 - My not so exciting teaching moment this week

Jannie has suggested that I do dictation at least three days a week with my students. This was suggested because my students take too long to write their stories. This week I tried to do dictation with them but it kind of did not work very well. Students were copying of each other and did not truely understand how it works.
I will need to revisit this more often and will have to have a chat with them about why we are doing this.
I threw in too many newly learnt words as well in my passage for dictation. This threw them as well.
We will start afresh again next week.
So long keep preparing them for the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment