I am a class teacher for Year Four and five students and a team leader for the middle school. My class and I are a part of the Manaiakalani Google ClassOnAir.


Tuesday 2 June 2015

Finding a Balance





As the Term starts it is all like being on a roller coaster. One thing after another... meeting deadlines, catching up, planning, learning new things about education, professional developments, progress reports, shifts and the list is endless. Making time for yourself is probably the hardest thing to do but I think it is important for lowering stress, increasing happiness and encouraging creativity. In this fast paced world it is absolutely crucial to devote a few minutes each day to do what they are doing.

I took  some time to really look at my life, my state of mind, and how I was feeling. To be honest I noticed the areas of my life that I was neglecting. I felt I was being pulled in one direction and was a bit uneasy about it. I realised that the elements that were external in my life were taking away a big chunk of my time. So I decided to put some time to something that I love the most. Arts! Taking an Art class once a week is just so satisfying! I have found something that makes me feel good. Just a few minutes a day has made a huge difference to the way I am approaching everyday challenges of life. I am more positive and feel much happier.

1 comment:

  1. So true Archana. It can be very hard to balance but we sure do need to. I also release by writing. I have already enjoyed writing since I was 5 years old, creative writing and writing poetry. It has always been my way of releasing my feelings/emotions in a creative manner!!! :)

    ReplyDelete