I am a class teacher for Year Four and five students and a team leader for the middle school. My class and I are a part of the Manaiakalani Google ClassOnAir.


Sunday 28 August 2016

Recording and Reflecting

Lots of times Ashley and myself get involved in professional talks about Manaiakalani. This time we were talking about 'class on air'. It is a great way of sharing teaching ideas with the rest of the world.
So we decided to film each other and put our lessons on the blog.

It has been a boon to have two teachers in a class and recording each other was not a problem at all. We do not have great tools like the 360 degree camera and microphone to get the best quality, but we are so motivated that we are determined to record our lessons. 
My lesson was a short lesson on Number Talks. My question to students was " what do you know about 1/4 ( a quarter)? 
 This is my first attempt, so please be kind when leaving comments.




Reflection - After watching the video I realised that one students was dominant in the group. I should have encouraged other students to participate in the discussion as well. I should be incorporating more use Talk Moves.




3 comments:

  1. Hi Archana,

    I love how you straight away establish and reinforce class norms 'make connections!' You have used some talk moves well, especially asking students if they agree or disagree with each other.

    For next time, maybe try to get the students to talk to their buddy more as a way to involve all the students. Then they would have a chance to talk even if they were shy or unsure, or hesitant to share with the whole group (especially while being filmed).

    Kia Kaha Mrs Sharma! Looking forward to your next video and reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point Ashley! Just cannot wait to do a the next video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI it me Rebecca kuol you have been doing so well at Tamaki Primary school I hope you are doing well

    BY REBECCA KUOL

    ReplyDelete