I am a class teacher for Year Four and five students and a team leader for the middle school. My class and I are a part of the Manaiakalani Google ClassOnAir.


Monday 7 May 2018

CoL - T2 Wk 1, 2018 - My most exciting teacher moment this week

Last term we started learning to notice clever chunks and words. These are words that are new to us and the phrases that we have not heard before.
Usually, I would be the one who would draw student's attention to the new words. But this week suddenly in the middle of the lesson I found one of my target students say -"That is a clever chunk".
I was so elated for him to notice and discover the chunks during shared reading time. This has been such a moment of celebration as other students have started to deliberately look for new words and phrases and find meanings of these new words.


Next step
Next step for my students would be to talk about these new words and make an effort to use these words in their oral and written language.

No comments:

Post a Comment