I am a class teacher for Year Four and five students and a team leader for the middle school. My class and I are a part of the Manaiakalani Google ClassOnAir.


Thursday 10 May 2018

CoL -T2 Wk 2 - My Most exciting moment this week

This term we have been learning about the Solar system. As said in one of my previous posts, That now students are beginning to notice new words in text, both digital and non digital. I am excited to see students hooked on to developing their vocabulary bank and use new words in speaking and writing.

My most exciting moment this week!

I was completely blown over when this student of mine could speak in complete sentences to describe planet Earth. I had not dreamt of this kind of progress in the wildest of my dreams.
This is a student who would not participate at all during class discussions. He would never speak in complete sentences and would usually look up the roof waiting for someone else to answer.
This week during circle time he raised his hand... and said everything what he knew about Planet Earth. The whole class gasped and clapped for him instantly.

I had to record this as evidence and so I called him later to say all of it again.
Watch the video below


Next step - Keep encouraging students to talk about their learning and keep discovering how my students are improving in their learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment