I am a class teacher for Year Four and five students and a team leader for the middle school. My class and I are a part of the Manaiakalani Google ClassOnAir.


Friday 18 May 2018

T2 Wk 3 - My Most exciting Teacher moment this week


Russell Burt, at his recent CoL meeting laid a lot of emphasis on making students employment ready.


Russell said that what made people successful was the difference between the ones who could speak fluently and share their thoughts and ideas clearly to the ones who could not.

I reflected on my inquiry and to see how I was making a difference to making students learn ready and employment ready. Were my students becoming confident learners?
To find this out I asked my students a question that was related to my inquiry.
My inquiry is all about building vocabulary and providing opportunities to use new words in different contexts.
The question I asked my students was-

" Why do you want to learn new words?"

Watch the video below for their responses.


No comments:

Post a Comment